|Datum vacature||29 december 2020|
This position as Systems Administrator is responsible for the company's Cloud. With a mature team in place in Europe and the US, the requirement is for additional staff to support growth as a company and in the Cloud business. The systems administrator will provide infrastructure services for hosting the software solution for some of the biggest and best known companies and brands in the world.
As a key member of the IT team, this role is responsible for supporting Windows Servers, IIS, SQL Server, software application, and the underlying cloud and security infrastructure. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience working with Microsoft technologies, cloud infrastructure, and enterprise security concepts. An ability to independently manage workload and remain accountable - while promoting a positive team approach under pressure – will be vital.
The company's culture strives to maintain a pleasant working environment in a dedicated international team with a very broad range of subject matter expertise. This wide range of responsibilities allows much room for personal initiative and development of individual skillsets while working with the latest technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Install, configure, monitor and maintain the following aspects of Cloud Hosting
- Microsoft Windows Servers, including IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Respective software application (trained on the job)
- Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager virtualization
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- High availability, scalability, and disaster recovery plans
- Security information and event management tools
In addition to the above, the team provides daily IT support by monitoring, prioritizing and resolving requests for assistance from employees. Tasks will require a broad range of IT skills such as the following
- Deploying and supporting Windows Client PCs
- Administering a mid-size Enterprise Windows environment
- Application administration
- Network administration
The candidate is responsible for prioritizing workload to ensure that recurring tasks are completed while also supporting Client Services during implementations and updates, resolving cloud issues that are escalated from Support, and helping the other team members of IT when needed.
This position is part of the IT team which supports all computing needs for the company across 6 global offices. This includes operations, on-premises installation services, cloud application hosting services, and all internal computer labs. Our environment is a Microsoft-centric environment where you can progress in skills and certifications. Cross team and cross organization mobility is encouraged. The position is primarily standard business hours, but does include being responsible for several maintenance windows per year and occasionally working flexible hours to accommodate corporate or customer off-hours tasks.
- US - Bachelor’s degree (US) or equivalent in IT or related discipline
- EU – MBO+ or HBO degree or equivalent in IT or related discipline
- Microsoft Certifications and Security Certifications are an advantage.
- Occasional overnight travel may occur to other offices in the region or abroad.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- HBO Bedrijfskundige informatica