Solution Architect - Europe (Hybrid location)
|Datum vacature||21 december 2021|
As a Solution Architect you will fulfill a vital role in complex projects. You will take the lead in bridging the gap between business needs and delivering automated process support by aligning customer requirements to predefined business outcomes. You will see it as your challenge to consistently deliver a full-fledged process architecture and prescriptive design that is the blueprint of a successful solution. Your focus is on enabling your customers to have clear visibility on all innovation initiatives (such as R&D and New Product Development) and to empower them in making strategic (product and portfolio) decisions. Your knowledge of (industry) best practices and your unique set of skills will enable you to act as trusted advisor to your customers. By applying design principles and methodologies you will be able to define and oversee, the delivery of a solution with precision and effectiveness while meeting or exceeding the customers’ expectations.
As a Solution Architect you are responsible for understanding and resolving complex customer issues by architecting a solution that uses The companies' extensive software suite to deliver required business outcomes. Every design that you make is seeking the highest level of quality and user-friendliness and allows the customer to be more self-sufficient once the solution has been implemented. You are comfortable facilitating a variety of online or on-site workshops to analyze the current status quo, to unleash the intrinsic knowledge of your target audience and to validate design decisions. You can convey ideas and information articulately and accurately. Understanding your customers perspectives and propose decisions or complementary approaches in the best interest of the customer while at the same time carefully balancing the demands of multiple stakeholders.
As a Solution Architect, you will:
- Proactively seek opportunities to partner and effectively collaborate with other cross-functional teams to ensure success of the solution
- Demonstrate empathy and deep listening, build trusting customer relationships, and be able to influence and mobilize others
- Apply design concepts and find best practice solutions to difficult customer problems
- Provide guidance on additional or complementary approaches to meet value outcomes
- Strive to obtain an ever-increasing level of product knowledge and technical breadth and then to mentor and guide others in their (Solution Architect) role
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams while at the same time manage to work within the constraints of the project plan, estimates, and timeline
- Support sales/business development engagements (upon request)
Experience (one or more)
- Delivery of consulting or professional services
- Translating business needs to software solutions
- Enterprise business software design, configuration, integration and implementation Business process analysis, workflow analysis, and data analysis
- Business intelligence tools, e.g., PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau
- Software platforms and delivery methods including web-based and cloud-based systems.
- Innovation management, R&D, new product development, roadmapping, portfolio management, strategy management, idea management work, product lifecycle management, investment analysis or business models
- On-site and remote team/project work
- Excellent influential and communication/presentation skills
- Team player
- Strong leadership and advisory skills
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive problem solver
- Logical mindset and ability to follow processes and application logic
- Manage tasks and issues, meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and take corrective action in a proactive manner where appropriate
- Fluent in English, and preferably fluent in one or more of the following languages: French, German, Dutch
- Experienced user of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Teams, etc.
Junior to mid-Senior level positions with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience for Junior and 5 years for Senior level positions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Business (or related degree) or demonstrated relevant experience.
We are seeking candidates located in Europe. Co-location is preferable (offices in Maastricht, The Netherlands and Darmstadt, Germany), but not mandatory since we work in virtual teams and travel to customer locations regularly.
This company partners with customers to provide complete Enterprise Innovation Management (EIM) solutions including software, expertise, and best practices to achieve exceptional long-term growth and profitability through sustainable innovation. The company has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany, with distribution, implementation and support channels worldwide. The organization (LSE: SPE) is listed on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- Solution Architect